Despite the rapid increase of social media, email marketing remains a very strong way to reach new prospects and maintain customer relationships for our clients.
It’s ubiquitous -
there are 3.2 billion email accounts. 90% of people check it daily.
It’s effective -
3rd best way to acquire customers, behind organic search and CPC
It’s good value -
email is cost-effective and it’s easy to measure the ROI
As more and more people are shift to viewing email on their phones, it’s a good time to review your strategy and make sure your campaigns perform as well as possible.
10 tips for email marketing from Semantic
- Make it phone friendly - mobiles are overtaking desktops so check it on small screens.
- Subject lines are critical - make sure it’s tempting, and be sure to test different variants.
- Make it relevant - not only will this improve conversions, but as email clients get smarter it could help make sure your campaign keeps appearing in the user’s inbox - see our previous post on Gmail’s inbox filtering.
- Keep it simple - maintain a good visual hierarchy and ensure call to actions are clear.
- Proof read - there’s no undo with email, so read it carefully, and check all the links!
- Think spam - avoid spammy phrases - image heavy emails often get caught too.
- No ‘click here’ links - they aren’t descriptive and users can’t tell what they link to… this applies websites too!
- Check the tracking - you should make sure links are tagged to show up in Analytics.
- Test - using a consistent template helps, but you should keep an eye on any new email clients to keep your campaigns looking as good as possible.
- Avoid using ‘no reply’ email address - embrace user feedback and let them reply.
If you need a hand then please don’t hesitate to get in touch - call the office on 02380 111 540 or email email@example.com.